InLight Medical supports Breast Cancer Awareness Month
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, which is an annual campaign to increase awareness of the disease that affects so many. InLight Medical supports Breast Cancer Awareness Month and wants to help spread the awareness of the disease.
The National Breast Cancer Foundation
Here are just a few of the ways you can help education and support women in need, provided by the National Breast Cancer Foundation:
- Download our free Know the Symptoms Guide
- Share the story of how you or a loved one have been affected by breast cancer
- Make a one-time or monthly donation
- Host an in-person or virtual fundraiser
- Volunteer to join in Helping Women Now
- Share educational content on social media: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter
One in eight women will be diagnosed with breast cancer in their lifetime, The National Breast Cancer Foundation (NBCF) mission is to help those affected by breast cancer through early detection, education and support services.
- On average, over 80 percent of funds are directed back into the programs that make a difference
- One million breast health and patient navigation services are utilized.
- Over 1.7 million breast health resources provided to women in need.
Watch Sanda’s story to hear how she was able to receive the help of a bilingual patient navigator to hold her hand through the difficult journey of being diagnosed with breast cancer. Sandra is just ONE of the many women that NBCF gets to help in the commitment of walking alongside women through every step of their breast cancer journey. https://www.nationalbreastcancer.org/breast-cancer-awareness-month
Do you have a story you would like to share? During this month of October, the NBCF wants to honor those at every step of their battle of breast cancer. NBCF wants to share your story by using their social media platforms to increase awareness and inspire others.
InLight Medical encourages you to help share the national campaign awareness by finding ways to support the cause that affects so many of our loved ones.